8/22/15

Teaching Making Suggestions with Posters


I've shared with you one piece of my teaching activities that can be used to teach the expressions of congratulating. Now, I am sharing with you another piece of activities that can be use to teach the expressions of making suggestions. I hope this will help you to design a lesson plan and improve your teaching activities.
  • Topic = Making Suggestions
  • Level = Intermediate or Advanced
  • Aids = Posters
  • Materials = Expression of making suggestions
  1. Making Suggestion
  2. I think you should …
  3. I don’t think you should …
  4. Maybe you should ..
  5. Why don’t you …?
  6. Let’s ….!
  7. I suggest you …
  8. You could (do something)
  9. What about (doing something)?
  10. How about (doing something)?
  • Steps                  :

  • PREPARATION
  • Prepare a poster. There are many posters on the internet. You can Google one which you like. The one which I used to teach is an environment campaign poster.
      Source/ download: http://goo.gl/yEctAI
    BUILDING KNOWLEDGE
  • Form a group (work in pair or small group) or let the students work individually.
  • Distribute the posters to each group or each student.
  • Ask them to read the posters.
  • Ask them to find out what the poster suggests the reader to do. You can use this worksheet to guide them.
  • Listen to each group’s opinion.
    CREATING A POSTER
  • Give them some topics or you can let them choose a free topic.
  • The topics which I gave to my students are:
            How to improve your English.
            How to be healthy.
            How to keep your classroom clean.
            How to reduce stress.
    PRESENTING THE POSTER
  • Ask them to create based on the topic which they choose.
  • Ask them to present the poster in front of the class. They should use the expression of making suggestions to tell about the poster.
  • To keep the other students listen to their friends’ presentation, ask them to write what their friends suggest to do.
NOTE: 
If you are teaching using Kurikulum 2013, you may download the lesson plan which I used to teach this material.

Some of my students’ works:

  • How to keep the classroom clean

  • How to be healthy

  • How to reduce stress



That's all! Do you like the post? Don't forget to like my page on Facebook and follow my twitter.
Have a good teaching day!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment